Thread: Rumor: Gagner New Captain?
View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 10:28 AM
topchowda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
That would be an awful decision if true but rewarding mediocrity is par for the course for this organization so i wouldn't be shocked.
Not that Gagner isn't a decent player and a high character guy but i would much prefer to see one of the best players on the team and a surefire core member get the C.

I doubt it's true anyway. MacT said that the decision is up to Eakins and since Eakins hasn't met most of his players, how the hell could he name a captain already?
At the very least, the arguing on this board would be entertaining if Gagner is indeed named captain.

Also, what are some of you going on about in regards to Hall not being a leader off the ice. Do you all know something that the rest of us don't know? Is this in reference to him (a kid) liking the bar scene? Oh the horror.
Not the bar scene, all those he does enjoy it. That part I don't care about. I'm talking about in the locker room. Its my opinion that gagner is more likely to pipe up and get players motivated or confront a teammate when needed. I don't think hall is that willingly to do it.

Of course I've never been in the locker room, but neither had anyone on HF. The people that are making the decision have tho.