Thread: Rumor: Gagner New Captain?
View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 10:39 AM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Not the bar scene, all those he does enjoy it. That part I don't care about. I'm talking about in the locker room. Its my opinion that gagner is more likely to pipe up and get players motivated or confront a teammate when needed. I don't think hall is that willingly to do it.

Of course I've never been in the locker room, but neither had anyone on HF. The people that are making the decision have tho.
I don't think we have any young guys like that Gagner included who are rah rah guys, maybe Yakupov? Smid?
Even Hall admitted that he's uncomfortable with being the vocal leader and would rather lead by example. Crosby and Toews (seemingly) aren't vocal leaders either so i don't think that's a prerequisite for being captain.
I think Ference is more of the rah rah type who will get the boys pumped up before the game and also get in their face if needed so i would choose him over Gagner if it had to be somebody outside of the core group.

I just get annoyed when some posters slam Hall for his "off ice" actions. It's not like he does anything illegal, he just enjoys the bar scene as does many young people.