View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
He's a decent player and a good character guy but he's not one of the players driving the bus and that will become even more apparent when the younger guys get even better, i prefer one of our best players who are signed long term to be captain. Gagner is a mediocre 2nd line center at this point in his career, i don't think it's a stretch to say that.
Just because i don't want Gagner as captain doesn't mean that i hate being an Oiler fan, that's odd coming from you who usually leans towards pessimism when it comes to Oiler players.
Its a stretch to say that, a big stretch.

My latter comment was based more on seeing things stated that are negative hyperbole even from where I stand.

Gagner is a good player that tries hard to be his best and trains hard in offseason to be his best and improves and does what the club asks of him with NEVER any slightest complaint. For several years the team has obviously used him in the capacity of overseeing rookie players. He's an absolute foot soldier. He'd be well received anywhere and on any team.
Only on this board does a strange other missive take place regarding Gagner which entirely blinds what the team, players, org, or league would think about the player.

It would be hilarious just on that count, if Gagner was made captain.