Thread: Rumor: Gagner New Captain?
View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 12:02 PM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Its a stretch to say that, a big stretch.

My latter comment was based more on seeing things stated that are negative hyperbole even from where I stand.

Gagner is a good player that tries hard to be his best and trains hard in offseason to be his best and improves and does what the club asks of him with NEVER any slightest complaint. He's an absolute foot soldier. He'd be well received anywhere and on any team.
Only on this board does a strange other missive take place regarding Gagner which entirely blinds what the team, players, org, or league would think about the player.

It would be hilarious just on that count, if Gagner was made captain.
I have no problem with Gagner's work ethic and character and i'm sure that his teammates like him. I like him too but he has produced mediocre on ice results which in the end, is all that matters.
He is improving offensively and turning into an above average offensive #2C (even though he still hasn't broken 50 pts after 7 seasons) but every other facet is severely lacking as has been discussed ad nauseum around these parts. He's not a stand out in any aspect of his game. Mediocre compared to the #2 centers throughout the league isn't necessarily a bad thing btw.