View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Replacement*
Checked out

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I have no problem with Gagner's work ethic and character and i'm sure that his teammates like him. I like him too but he has produced mediocre on ice results which in the end, is all that matters.
He is improving offensively and turning into an above average offensive #2C (evne though he still hasn't broken 50 pts after 7 seasons) but every other facet is severely lacking. He's not a stand out in any aspect of his game. Mediocre compared to the #2 centers throughout the league isn't necessarily a bad thing btw.
Your definition of mediocre must need some reworking. Over the last half dozen years theres been few things right about this club. Gagner has been one of them.

If Gagner had been playing on a good club all these years you seriously think anybody would be thinking he's "mediocre"?

Your posts on this topic belie a common leap of logic on this board. That because Gagner has been on a poor team for 6yrs he's implicated by association in some way. I think its unconscious thinking that results in people equating the two. The same people that disliked Gagner wanted all other associated memory players purged from the system as well and startover entirely. As if culpability is assumed in all those players. Think about that.