Thread: Rumor: Gagner New Captain?
View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 11:15 AM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Your definition of mediocre must need some reworking. Over the last half dozen years theres been few things right about this club. Gagner has been one of them.

If Gagner had been playing on a good club all these years you seriously think anybody would be thinking he's "mediocre"?

Your posts on this topic belie a common leap of logic on this board. That because Gagner has been on a poor team for 6yrs he's implicated by association in some way. I think its unconscious thinking that results in people equating the two. The same people that disliked Gagner wanted all other associated memory players purged from the system as well and startover entirely. As if culpability is assumed in all those players. Think about that.
But he is mediocre compared to his peers, bad team or not.
Gagner wouldn't have been in the top 6 on most good clubs in all likelihood. This was one of the few places where he would get spoonfed top 6 minutes and PP time right from the start of his career.

The fact remains that he's an offense first player who hasn't even broken 50 pts once in 6 years despite getting ample offensive opportunities and is average to below average in other aspects of his game. That screams mediocre to me.
You can make all the excuses that you want to make for him but he has produced mediocre on ice results thus far in his career.

As i said before, he has a great work ethic and is a high character guy who will step in for his teammates if need be but thus far in his career, he has been a mediocre overall player but he also has room for growth so he could very well turn into a legit, good overall player.