View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
If Sam was Horc's nomination, he's a good choice. 6 year vet, still part of the youth movement, skill player, good lead by example guy. Checks all the boxes. I doubt Eakins would object, and I doubt it's his call alone.
So let me get this right, Eakins is supposed to respect Horcoff's wishes (if this was the case, I didn't read the whole thread) when he never coached Horcoff and may never have even spoken to him? You doubt that Eakins would object? Is he not the coach? Would he not at the very least let the players that are still here put it to a vote? Personally I don't think that it's a good idea to give Gagner the C for a number of reasons. Firstly expectations will be very high for him and it could turn into a Horcoffian type of a situation which is unfair for Sam. Secondly he needs to be a complete player to deserve the nod, when he puts in the time to be a 2 way C then maybe he should get some consideration. Thirdly there are better short and long term candidates ie. Ference, Hall, Smid, RNH, etc.