View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Upoil
Zaboomafoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 View Post
Well, I would take Weber, Karlsson, Subban, Letang, Suter, Pietrangelo, Doughty, Keith, Chara, OEL, Girardi, Enstrom, Kronwall, Big Buff, Seabrook, Shattenkirk Seth Jones and maybe four or five other top defensive prospects before I take Edler and I'm sure I forgot some people. Edler is top 20 d-man probably. He is not old for sure but, you do not see many defenseman get much better after 27. Many and most will stay stagnant and remain very good for another 6-7 years but, I doubt you will see Edler make that jump into a Norris Candidate or even in that league. But, then again how can I be sure, maybe he will surprise me and there is a chance he will.

But there are only 4 right wingers who average more goals last year than Voracek. He is barely 24, and he still can improve and I almost expect an improvement in his overall abilities. And the only right wingers I take over Voracek are Ovi, Kane, Kessel, and Nash.

I am not saying Edler is on the decline and Voracek is on the rise, but I find it more likely that Voracek will continue to improve rather than Edler. Of course I think the original proposal was bad, but I still do believe Voracek's value is higher by a decent amount.

I mentioned this earlier but, if the Flyers had a guy like Strome or Drouin in their system I would be much more inclined to move Voracek for Edler and a decent pick in a trade. And I also have a feeling that Vancouver would feel the same if a guy like Trouba or Jones was waiting in the wing.
I think your comparisons would be more valid if you included all wingers or you narrowed your group of defensemen down to the specific side. Seems like picking and choosing when you compare Edler to all defensemen and Jake to just specifically right wingers. (But I'm also nit-picky.)

Upoil is online now   Reply With Quote