View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 04:01 PM
CupofOil
Visualizing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
I bet about 95% of NHL fans would disagree with that statement. Hall is better now, and will be. Call that rose colored glasses. He outscored them both big time last year. He has a winning pedigree and was the first over all pick. He should be on the team ahead of both. IF you want to win, Hall is your pick. If we offered Hall to LA for Carter the deal would be done so fast Lambardi would get wiplash.
You are wearing rose colored glasses. I wouldn't trade Hall for either of them as well but we're talking about NHL accomplishments thus far and both of those guys are more accomplished whether you want to believe it or not.
Sure, Hall scored more points than both of them for a losing team and has more upside but those guys are superior 2 way players and are prominent players on elite teams. When you are talking about an putting together an Olympic roster, they generally go for the more proven commodity over the younger player if all else is fairly equal.
As topchowda mentioned, Kunitz I would have a problem getting the nod over the Hall because he is entirely the product of playing with Crosby but none whatsoever with Carter and Couture.

Until the Oilers accomplish something and Hall establishes himself as a proven winner at the NHL level, he won't get much respect from anybody outside of the Oilers universe and will be in tough to make Team Canada's roster.
I fully expect Hall and RNH (maybe) to have a big role on the 2018 roster but it's simply too soon for both of them IMO.

Last edited by CupofOil: 08-28-2013 at 04:10 PM.
CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote