View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Thesensation19

vCash: 500
I do not believe Lundqvist leaves for money. Dolan has the money and Sather has no issue on spending max salary for him to stay. So in terms of money, this is no issue.

The issue is if Lundqvist thinks he cannot win with the Rangers in the coming years.

And in all honesty and in review of every team in the league, there not many teams that are as promising as the Rangers.

- One of the youngest current NHL teams
- A team that has no problem spending money to obtain players, and beyond some comments that would differ we have a pretty smart organization that knows how to handle their money and how to put a roster out on the ice that competes for playoffs every year
- One of the most promising prospect pools in the league. (Kreider, Miller, Kristo, Mcilrath, Bourque and many more) I think we are top 15 in prospects but were only so low because we dont have a future goaltending in the ranks lol. Well, if you just take into consideration skaters, we are much better.

There are not many teams that you can look at in the next 5 years that are as promising as the Rangers. Promises are one thing but it is hopeful.

Whose more promising and who has the money to go after him?
Blackhawks, Penguins, Bruins. Canucks? Kings? Ottawa? Detroit?
How many of those teams will be going after a goalie next year? Penguins are a maybe, depends. Canucks are a maybe, depends but prob less likely. Ottawa cant afford Lundqvist.

His family is already here. He is loved here. He is still in his prime years. He probably will sign a contract with the Rangers.

If he doesnt, good riddance on his choice to leave elsewhere. There are plenty of options at that point. Halak is one I keep in mind most of all.

Thesensation19 is offline   Reply With Quote