View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 03:18 PM
McOkMcgoMcoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
You are wearing rose colored glasses. I wouldn't trade Hall for either of them as well but we're talking about NHL accomplishments thus far and both of those guys are more accomplished whether you want to believe it or not.
Sure, Hall scored more points than both of them for a losing team and has more upside but those guys are superior 2 way players and are prominent players on elite teams. When you are talking about an putting together an Olympic roster, they generally go for the more proven commodity over the younger player if all else is fairly equal.
As topchowda mentioned, Kunitz I would have a problem getting the nod over the Hall because he is entirely the product of playing with Crosby but none whatsoever with Carter and Couture.

Until the Oilers accomplish something and Hall establishes himself as a proven winner at the NHL level, he won't get much respect from anybody outside of the Oilers universe and will be in tough to make Team Canada's roster.
I fully expect Hall and RNH (maybe) to have a big role on the 2018 roster but it's simply too soon for both of them IMO.
Disagree. You are putting way to much stock in the Fact Carter and Couture play for better teams. Sure, that counts a bit, but not a lot. Hall was a better player last year. I think if you ask 95% of NHL fans they will agree.

However, if you insist I wear Rose Colored glassed becuase I think some one who finished in the top 5 in the NHL for PPG, is tough, won two memorial cups, has played for team Canada, was drafted #1 over all should be on the team. THen fine, I wear rose colored glasses.

It isn't like I am suggesting Nuge, Eblerle, or Schultz should be on the team. If you are picking a team now, and you don't look a the year Hall had last year and pick him. Then I don't want you picking team Canada.

McOkMcgoMcoil is offline   Reply With Quote