View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 03:29 PM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
Disagree. You are putting way to much stock in the Fact Carter and Couture play for better teams. Sure, that counts a bit, but not a lot. Hall was a better player last year. I think if you ask 95% of NHL fans they will agree.

However, if you insist I wear Rose Colored glassed becuase I think some one who finished in the top 5 in the NHL for PPG, is tough, won two memorial cups, has played for team Canada, was drafted #1 over all should be on the team. THen fine, I wear rose colored glasses.

It isn't like I am suggesting Nuge, Eblerle, or Schultz should be on the team. If you are picking a team now, and you don't look a the year Hall had last year and pick him. Then I don't want you picking team Canada.
Carter and Couture are better 2 way players at this point than Hall, i don't think it's a stretch to say that. Hall is more of a gamebreaker for sure but i think that Team Canada wants players who play both ends of the ice and play a more structured game plus the fact that those two have more experience on a big stage.

You're basing placing Hall above those guys on the basis of one shortened season, junior accomplishments and draft pedigree.
I'm not saying that Hall shouldn't get the nod over the guys but i don't think it's such a big deal if they get chosen over him and i can understand why Team Canada would.
I have little doubt that Hall will be better than both of them but i'm talking about overall pro accomplishments where Hall still has a ways to go.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote