View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
No slight to Hall, but how homer-colored are these glasses your'e reading through to be calling Carter a joke?
Never called him a joke.

Quote:
Hall doesn't even play PK on a bottom-5 NHL team. Carter was PKing for a contender. He's scored 40+ goals in the league before. He was on pace for 45 last year itself.
There are other players that are much better defensively that will be on Team Canada. It is about who is hot. Carter hasn't scored 40 goals in 4 years. Hall is a better player right now and I don't think it is all that close.

Quote:
He's scored big goals in big playoff games his whole career. He's a big body, he can skate, he can score, and he can play a 2-way game.
Don't really disagree about any of this. Just think Hall is better in every way except for two-way game (which is overrated, Carter is no Datsyuk) and playing center.

Quote:
Doesn't seem like a big mistake to me. You need your role players on this team.
Bergeron, Toews, Couture, Sharp...endless amount of possible role players.

Quote:
The only role Hall's ever showed he can play - and he does it quite well - is a top-line scoring player. But now he's up against names like Crosby, Staal, Giroux, and Stamkos for that role. That's why he's getting cut.
Jeff Carter's two-way game is really getting overrated here. You talk about him like he's some sort of combination of Lucic, Bergeron, and Hall.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote