Old
08-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Star Kunitz

vCash: 2563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
If you want to say you're ok with trading Byrd and Buck for a crapshoot prospect and hope to get lucky, I can at least see that.

But to argue that this guy is actually a good prospect, I really find it hard to believe.

Yeah I've read the articles. Might have 15-20 HR pop etc etc. Stuff like that is said about almost any prospect. He isn't someone to get excited about. Long shot prospect.

Or maybe I'm wrong and this guy is another Jeff Kent. We'll see I guess.
I'm just trying to figure out why you think the Mets should get a Jeff Kent for two mid-30s journeymen who are approaching free agency and weren't going to be re-signed? You traded Marlon Byrd, not Matt Harvey.

Herrera was a top 10-12 prospect in the 3rd or 4th best system in baseball, and a riser at that and you get our best relief prospect in Vic Black who is Major League ready today (who has averaged 12.5 K/9 in the past two minor league seasons) and has hit triple-digits on the minor league radar guns.

The Mets got an absurd return for a couple of short-term rentals that weren't in the organization 12 months ago and wouldn't be in 2 months, and I'm quite obviously not a Mets fan.

I do not understand your negativity to this trade at all. This is amazing asset management by the Mets.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick