View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 07:49 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I'm just trying to figure out why you think the Mets should get a Jeff Kent for two mid-30s journeymen who are approaching free agency and weren't going to be re-signed? You traded Marlon Byrd, not Matt Harvey.

Herrera was a top 10-12 prospect in the 3rd or 4th best system in baseball, and a riser at that and you get our best relief prospect in Vic Black who is Major League ready today (who has averaged 12.5 K/9 in the past two minor league seasons) and has hit triple-digits on the minor league radar guns.

The Mets got an absurd return for a couple of short-term rentals that weren't in the organization 12 months ago and wouldn't be in 2 months, and I'm quite obviously not a Mets fan.

I do not understand your negativity to this trade at all. This is amazing asset management by the Mets.
The kent thing was because of me. I was just musing that we also traded David Cone away on the same date for Jeff Kent, and that Herrera has put up better numbers at a much younger age than Kent. I don't quite remember if Kent was a big name prospect at the time but he was a rookie for toronto at the time of the trade. Anyway they are different type of players. The whole point was that low A power numbers dont mean all that much. My bad.

Has the Vic Black been confirmed yet?

I agree that this was awesome asset management.