Thread: Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread
View Single Post
Old
08-29-2013, 08:17 AM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Yes, the motivation in that deal is to get rid of him which I'm perfectly fine with.

We don't need him and from what I see from other fanbases, he's not what they want to build a winning team with (playing in the top 6) and he's too expensive for a bottom 6.

Stop thinking that him getting 55 pts in the greatest thing in the world. Eller can easily get that production with the progression he had last year. Give him PP times and quality wingers, Eller will provide as much offense as DD and Eller is much more harder to play against.

Any contender teams wouldn't want DD as a top 2 center in the next 4 years but here, he's a great because maybe he can probably get us 55 pts in the regular season and be irrelevant in the playoffs.
Then why not just offer him for a 7th rounder instead and be clear about your true intentions?

Full disclosure : I'm perfectly fine with the idea of trading DD. Just for something that actually makes sense. Not for "!$)/*% Matt Stajan, a guy who has bust all over and for a guy whose main quality, according to the proposal, is that he's from Montreal. Not that Culkin isn't interesting, it's just that if we're to target a D, there are some who are quite a bit more interesting than he is.

Like, Klesla, which has been mentionned quite a few times in DD proposals.