Thread: Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread
View Single Post
Old
08-29-2013, 08:37 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Then why not just offer him for a 7th rounder instead and be clear about your true intentions?

Full disclosure : I'm perfectly fine with the idea of trading DD. Just for something that actually makes sense. Not for "!$)/*% Matt Stajan, a guy who has bust all over and for a guy whose main quality, according to the proposal, is that he's from Montreal.
Whatever "bust" means when you're talking about a 29 year old veteran... Bro, Matt Stajan is a much better 2-way hockey player than Desharnais. If we're rocking into the season with Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Eller, and Briere as potential top 6 centremen, I'd rather have Stajan (who killed the most penalties of any Calgary forward last year, and ended up with the highest +/- on the team; one of only two Flames who were positive overall) plugged into the bottom 6 if I'm going to have to pay $3.5 million for the guy either way. Plus, this is the last year of Stajan's contract, offering increased flexibility after this transition year.

I mean, I'd do the move (but wouldn't go out of my way to make it happen), but I'd admit that it's sort of a lateral slide, getting more defensive ability back than the offensive ability we'd be giving up.