Thread: Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread
View Single Post
Old
08-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
No, it's not. The team don't need another center to play on the penalty killing, with Plekanec, Eller and White (and possibly Dumont) already doing this, Stajan isn't an improvement over DD as far as faceoffs or offence is concerned, and besides, the team could use another winger, not another center, so Daniel Briere could actually play in his position (!$")*%"*%$"*%"$)/ Briere).

Hence why trading for Stajan would be idiot.
Even though this is typed on this same page just minutes earlier, I'll cut and paste it for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu
I mean, I'd do the move (but wouldn't go out of my way to make it happen), but I'd admit that it's sort of a lateral slide, getting more defensive ability back than the offensive ability we'd be giving up.
I'd also be more willing to convert Stajan to the wing than Desharnais, and that's also one of the possible roads that the Habs are going to have to take. I think Stajan makes the team better and gives Therrien more flexibility/options when constructing 4 lines, but I don't really care about Stajan. He's just another example of a player I'd rather see out there instead of Desharnais.