View Single Post
Old
08-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Moose Coleman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I don't understand the beef with having Carter or Couture over Hall.
Those guys (as of right now) are just as good as Hall, better 2 way players actually and have experience on big stages. I'm not surprised at all by those 2 getting mention over Hall. The 2018 Olympics will be a different story altogether but as of right now, i don't have a problem with having them over Hall.
Couture is in no way better than Hall. Not offensively for sure. Defensively? Well the best defense is a good offense and Hall is a beast when it comes to possession and driving play.

Quote:
You're basing placing Hall above those guys on the basis of one shortened season, junior accomplishments and draft pedigree.

I'm not saying that Hall shouldn't get the nod over the guys but i don't think it's such a big deal if they get chosen over him and i can understand why Team Canada would.
Good god, Taylor Hall at 21 is already laying claim to being one of the premier talents in the game right now. If he is healthy and playing at the same level he was at last year, they'd be idiots to pass him over in favour of those guys.

Quote:
I have little doubt that Hall will be better than both of them but i'm talking about overall pro accomplishments where Hall still has a ways to go
So what's happened in the past is more important that what a player is doing right now?

Moose Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote