Thread: Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread
View Single Post
Old
08-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Investing Desharnais in Stajan is way too much, and saying you don't hate Desharnais is downright comical considering your last 20 posts.

If getting points was so easy, one would think Keith Aucoin would have had more success in the NHL, no?
Thinking DD is a good 2nd line center because he can get 50-60 pts is like saying Higgins is a first line winger because he can pot 20+ goals.

Give any decent hockey player all the chances in the world to produce which is tons of icetime+1min of PP on every PP occasions and playing with the best linemates, he will likely produce.

Yes, DD is capable of producing 50 to 60 pts in a regular season but you have to give him ice-time, the best wingers and PP. I'm pretty sure Eller can easily duplicate the same production given the same opportunity and environment.

Between Eller and DD, Eller has more upsides and plays a more complete games. I think with Eller's progression last year, he has surpassed DD in the depth chart.

I'm just sick that you keep using his production of his only good year, to pin him as our 2nd line center.. like if we don't have better options.