View Single Post
08-29-2013, 12:11 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I'll never say anything about a player trying to make something happen by stretching out a hit assuming the play is even remotely close, which it was.
For the most part, I agree with you 100%.

In Rollins case, however, his asinine comment about not waiving his no trade clause because he has team records to break has me questioning his judgements on even simple plays like that.

Maybe he tried to stretch that double into a triple because he is close to being the Phillies all time leader for triples? I'm not saying that is 100% the case as I haven't looked it up and don't really care to.

Whether it is a factor or not, Jimmy lost the benefit of the doubt with me when he made that selfish statement that shows he is a "me first" guy instead of putting the team first.

And this comes from a pretty big JRoll fan over the years.

Yes, he is still a respectable shortstop and his fielding is not a detriment to the team but I do think his attitude is part of the Phillies current problem.

I would bet the house that he is one of the teammates that Doc was referring to when he made the comment the other day about some players slacking off and not doing the things necessary to succeed.