View Single Post
Old
08-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure View Post
I really don't have time to be searching youtube and googling crap to find exact proof of this happening. Anyone searching through the GDT's would know, anyone that watches all the Oiler games remember the blown coverages that led to GWG's last year. Even hardcore PRO Gagner fans remember them.

Trying to say Gagner is good defensively is being a homer. I'd say he's mediocre to average in his own end and that's because I'm slightly bias since he's an Oiler.
Stop it right there.

Anybody on this board would know that GDT's are typically reactionary, frustrated, ranting exchanges where people typically state, restate, reverse their positions on any event happening and in the same game. For instance the guy stating "Why is this guy getting any icetime he sucks, he can't do anything, sit his ass" is then in the 3rd period eating crow pie as the player scores the winning goal. Or not ever seen again here for a few weeks. This is the general quality of information you get here from GDT's magnified several times by the biases towards specific players that some posters use a megaphone and bolded font to repeat here a thousand times.

The Steve Ott gif is probably next to the MacT gif the most viewed and posted gif on this board. Anybody can ask why. But in the Ott video we know certain posters here that have singlehandedly posted that gif probably 50 times each all in the spirit of instilling some kind of myth or generalization re: Gagners play. Its an open attempt at creating a stereotype, a fiction, about the player. This being example of the skewing, of the bias, that takes place here. To gather anything regarding any player from GDT's is like trying to find gold in a steamy outhouse.