Thread: Rumor: Gagner New Captain?
View Single Post
Old
08-29-2013, 02:27 PM
surshot*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Where did I say that he hasn't improved? Feel free to point that out for me. Now here is how I see it, he still needs a lot of work defensively and on faceoffs. Being a true team guy, wouldn't he be improving in these areas? All of RNH, Hall and Nail made significant strides defensively last season, Eberle was the one guy being considered part of the core that IMO did not besides Gagner. I have no issues with Gagner off the ice, he seems like a nice guy, however the bottom line is that he has not improved important aspects of his game enough at this point for me to consider him the hardest worker on the team or captain material.

Yes because my opinion differs from yours I am wrong. I guess his 43% in faceoffs showed great improvement and his - rating. Gagner has room to improve to be a better player if he puts in the work and really wants to improve on D and in the dot. IMO he did take a step forward last season offensively although I guess we'll see how much of that may have been due to a shortened season this season. His offensive numbers should be solid this year, 60 points, maybe more depending on how Perron fits into the team and of course injuries.
He improved defensively as well. His back checking was the biggest improvement. Do you know what the difference between a 43% faceoff guy and a 50% faceoff guy? 1 Faceoff win a game. Perhaps with wingers that help and a crack down on faceoff cheating he well improve that number. But disregard it to support your opinion, thats fine.