View Single Post
Old
08-29-2013, 01:55 PM
bert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
Would be really cool to see Alfredsson play his 5th straight Olympic tournament.

Games, Goals, Assists, Points, Scoring position on team

1998 Nagano
4 2 3 5 #1

2002 Salt Lake City
4 1 4 5 #3

2006 Turin
8 5 5 10 #1

2010 Vancouver
4 3 0 3 #3

Total: 23 p (11g 12a) in 20 games. What an Olympian.
God as we call him in Ottawa haha. Love him no matter what! If Canada loses I am going Sweden all the way. (I also have Swedish cousins)

Johansson Backstrom Eriksson
Franzen Zetterberg Alfredsson
Sedin Sedin Landeskog
Steen Berglund Silfverberg
Hagelin Zibanejad

Hjalmarsson Karlsson
Kronwall OEL
Edler Brodin
Hedman Ericsson

Lundqvist
Lehner
Markstrom

My god that team is frightening especially the d core and goaltending. Do Kronwall, OEL or Edler play the right side? I think Hjalmarsson is the best d partner for Karlsson because he is probably the best defensive d man on the team, his size and mobility are very similar to Methot in Ottawa which has been a dream partner for Karlsson.

I attempted to format the lines based on chemistry and positions these lines make sense to me but perhaps not to someone who is more familiar with the team. I left Hornqvist off because I felt his skating isn't nearly as strong as Zibanejad or Hagelin and on the big ice he could potentially be more of a liability?

I honestly think on the Olympic ice this is the best, most balanced and well equipped team heading into the tournament. They are very very good defensively and they will run 4 really good lines that will be sound defensively while scoring. They are seemingly the only team without any weakness.