View Single Post
Old
08-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Zil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
When you escape the cocoon that is your teenage years, you'll eventually realize that most adult conversations revolve around problems, and the Rangers provide plenty of fodder for that. So, if that got old to you, I suggest you stop reading my posts, because I wont be blowing sunshine up your ass anytime soon.

As for your second point, go ahead and provide some examples. I'd really love some. Because, if you want my opinion, your history of posts with very little substance are getting pretty old too.
I wouldn't be so quick to be throwing around judgments about whose posts have substance and whose don't. Being relentlessly negative isn't necessarily substance, nor is it the same thing as realistic or objective analysis. Those "adult" conversations you're talking about are supposed to consist of a reasonable back and forth working toward a solution, not a stream of condescension-laced vitriol. There's nothing grown up about berating people while ignoring any and all facts that inconvenience your argument.

For example, every time you talk about Kreider you insist that he sucked last year in every possible way until game four against the Bruins. Points I have made that you have consistently failed to address include:

- His AHL performance picked up markedly when he got sent down after his first stint with the Rangers.

- When Kreider got called back up after being sent down his play was much better, including lots of shots on goal and generally looking more assertive.

- Tortorella's usage of Kreider from his second call-up forward was completely indefensible. If Torts felt Kreider still wasn't ready and needed more seasoning, then he could've left him in the AHL to continue to consolidate his good play and build his confidence. If Torts felt Kreider was capable of contributing, then he could've given Kreider 10-15 minutes a night in the top nine. Instead, Tortorella decided to yank Kreider in and out of the lineup while playing him four minutes a night with fourth line scrubs. On the rare night when Kreider got a chance in the top nine, Torts would decide to dump him right back down on the fourth line after one or two shifts (like in Montreal).