View Single Post
Old
08-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
But.. he's one of if not our best on the PP. This makes no sense.

And taking PP time away from your top center is a sure fire way to piss him off.
Literally 1st or 2nd highest PP point producing Habs forward for 4 straight seasons and somehow it's a good idea to cut HIS PP time to give Eller/Galchenyuk more icetime. Makes no sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
That's simply not true...Plekanec had ample PP time last year. I think he would be more effective if we reduced his PP time (despite his decent production while on the PP) and kept him for tough minutes at ES & PK.
I'm referring to ES minutes...you said "PP and offensive situations". Why separate it into two words unless you were referring ES and PP. He's in a shutdown defensive role full time last couple seasons. The last time he was given more of an offensive role at ES he put up 70 points on the season - even then it wasn't soft exploitation minutes.

He our best PP forward...using Plekanec in the way you suggest is a waste of his offense. If anything, his PK minutes should be cut down so keep him from breaking down/getting tired. A ton of players can kill penalties. As I showed, there are plenty of scrubs on the roster getting similar PP minutes and producing a fraction of what he does.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 08-29-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote