Thread: Rumor: Gagner New Captain?
View Single Post
Old
08-29-2013, 11:25 PM
harpoon
FOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
How many of our other players stopped playing while the puck was headed our way?
He did do that. Once. It was terrible. Don't try to make it seem like that is his standard approach to his defensive responsibilities.

Quote:
He had more than 1 bad defensive play and apparently people are going to need to start documenting them with video evidence to MAYBE get some of Sam's biggest boosters to admit that he still needs work.
I would welcome that. In fact I think you should make such a thread. I was in a lot of GDTs last season and I know for a fact that many of the plays were "selectively" blamed on Gagner by a vocal minority making umpteen posts each ... but there were many other posters in disagreement. I think a thread like the one you suggest would show once and for all that Gagner's defensive game is not that bad. I'm sure you agree that for balance the thread would have to include his good defensive plays as well. Cause its usually crickets on the board when that happens.

Honestly my opinion is that the team defense (particularly the defencemen) has been so poor under Tamby that its unreasonable to hang that deficiency on the shoulders of the second line center.