View Single Post
Old
11-13-2006, 01:56 PM
FearTheFlyers

vCash: 500
Hmm..loaded question.

The thing that should be made clear first and foremost is that the entire team is playing like ****, and has been all season.

On an individual level, I still find that he is the only player on the Attack who can singlehandedly dominate, and has done at times, and the numbers often dont do him justice.

For example, Ryan took much criticism lately for only having 2 assists in a 9-5 road victory, a game I was at. Those who just look at a boxscore for the game miss that he completely dominated the first period, was in a class by himself, and the Attack were up 4-0 in 15 mintues.

There are troubling things about his game, and forget about the skating, it looks ugly but I've seen him dump the puck in and be the first to it so many times that I don't even consider it a big factor anymore. He has developed a new tendency this year of holding onto the puck for too long, and looking too long for that perfect pass. He is at his best when he is making quick decisions, or if he is holding the puck, he is moving with it. In the past, a great deal of his points came on the powerplay, on the powerplay this year he is trying to be too cute, holding onto the puck too long and his stats, and the team is suffering because of it.

He has been much better the last week or so, and I think the big numbers will start to come. He is being more aggressive and seeing the ice better.

I'm not worried about him yet, It's a long season. If I were the Ducks I would be happy ad the adversity he's facing from a team and individual standpoint. Captaining a team expected to compete, and struggling to repeat last year's statistic performance can only make him stronger, and come world juniors and playoffs I expect him to be big time.

FearTheFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote