Old
08-30-2013, 08:59 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Comical. Just comical. I come off as overtly negative for 2 reasons:

1. The negative aspects of the team make for better conversation than, say, OMG LUNDQVIST IS A GOD! type of stuff.
2. Sather has given me plenty of ammunition over the years to complain. Its not my fault some of the fan base has become apathetic to that. I never will be.

My suggestion to you is to stop projecting an alternate reality on Kreider. Watch him play the NHL game and formulate an opinion off of that. The Kreider hype has taken on a life of its own, to the point where his stumbling last season could only be explained away by excuses and scapegoats. No NHL coach with a mandate to make the playoffs in a 48 game season would've thrown Kreider to the wolves by giving him 18 minutes a night -- especially considering how unprepared and overwhelmed he looked dealing with the speed of the NHL game.

I hope to God he improves, and takes huge steps this season, but I am dealing with the reality of where is he right now, and not the fantasyland that years of hype have created.
Agree 1000000%. Not from any single poster but this board as a whole. Ive seen people refuse to include him in proposals for many elite talents because of what they believe he can become.

I see Kreider as a decent prospect who COULD become a 2nd liner. Anything on top of that is gravy. There are too many people here who believe he is all but guaranteed to be a 1st liner.

This is his year to put up or shut up. I hope he succeeds because I like him as a player and it would do wonders for the team but I agree with you again BRB about this
Quote:
but I am dealing with the reality of where is he right now, and not the fantasyland that years of hype have created