View Single Post
Old
11-13-2006, 03:57 PM
FearTheFlyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller View Post
Thanks FTF, the most I can get out of the FO is he's great at times and fair to average at others and you basically said the same thing in much better detail. His skating form looks really weird, do you consider him to have strong or weak legs at this point? Isn't he playing with Trevor Lewis?
Yeah, he's a very ugly skater and his skating form is certainly counterproductive, especially when it comes to balance. There have been doubts about his lower body strenght, but in my opinion that is not the issue. He has no problem running over any defenseman in the OHL when he brings it physically. It's certainly something to keep an eye on, having not been raised in a hockey climate, I never played or learned how to skate, it's difficult for me to assess if the problem is balance, strenght or conditioning.

Playing with Lewis for all but one or two games yet, they are almost polar opposites, Lewis brings it consistently every night but I would say Ryan is easily mroe talented and means a lot more to this team.

With Lewis's scoring ability and Ryan's playmaking skills, I'm surprised they haven't clicked better. They both seem like the kind of player who like to carry the puck a lot, which isin't a great fit.

FearTheFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote