View Single Post
Old
08-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
It happens in every sport all the time, so no I don't think it's bush league. How many headshots happen in hockey that don't have a penalty, but result in suspension or fine?

The only thing I'd be questioning is the guy at the command center and why he didn't know the rule of being able to overturn the play.
Its a QB, the league has a stated missive to crack down on any and all fouls on a QB in order to protect the QB. Even the most innocuous things have been called. So Reilly has the ball, all eyes are on him, its imperative that one official is eyeing the QB (otherwise how do you comply with the league missive) especially when he possesses the ball. Weldon comes in blindside(how can any official not see that one coming and lookout) and delivers a textbook headshot which is EXACTLY the type of thing the CFL has wanted to eliminate especially as it pertains to QB's being the victim.

If you're a CFL official I can't even explain how they wouldn't (at least one of them) be looking directly at the QB, god forbid if they were looking and somehow missed it.

It was an absolute joke of a non call. Of the three blind mice variety where you wonder if they're checking out the cheerleaders instead..