View Single Post
Old
08-30-2013, 01:17 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I think Tinordi will show more of a mean streak when he is more comfortable with the fundamentals of the pro game and adds a little more meat to his frame.

He has clearly taken his development in the tactical part of the game very seriously. He is just looking for that fine line between aggressiveness and irresponsibility. As a youngster he is wisely erring on the side of caution right now but I suspect that when he is comfortable in knowing his positional limitations that he will begin to impose his will in a much more aggressive manner. As he fills out his frame the likelihood of this aggression producing positive effects will increase thus allowing him to justify the action due to the lowered risk.

It is definitely easier for McCarron to show this side of his game, as playing the wing is a far less cerebral responsibility than playing defence. I agree that McCarron has thus far provided more evidence of having a mean streak but I believe that is more about circumstantial opportunity than innate aggressiveness.
I hope that is the case with Tinordi, in the 3 years I've been watching him, I haven't seen much of a mean streak at all and he's not even overly physical but it makes a lot of sense that he would develop that side of his game once he's more comfortable and fills out more as he's still very skinny.

McCarron I just haven't seen enough of yet, but I get the feeling that he's going to be very aggressive physically. In the Lake Placid tournament he was trying to hit everything, although he was trying to impress the coaching staff I would assume so perhaps over the course of a season he tones it down.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote