View Single Post
Old
08-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I hope that is the case with Tinordi, in the 3 years I've been watching him, I haven't seen much of a mean streak at all and he's not even overly physical but it makes a lot of sense that he would develop that side of his game once he's more comfortable and fills out more as he's still very skinny.

McCarron I just haven't seen enough of yet, but I get the feeling that he's going to be very aggressive physically. In the Lake Placid tournament he was trying to hit everything, although he was trying to impress the coaching staff I would assume so perhaps over the course of a season he tones it down.
I think Tinordi has a firm understanding of how to develop his game so that it translates well to the Pro game. He certainly has a lot of experience to draw from in his father and the wise thing to do is to develop the cerebral part of his game. He actually was a lot nastier in his rookie season with London when he coincidentally struggled with the positional aspect of the game. It certainly appeared as though he made a conscious decision to put that on the back burner until he mastered the fundamental parts of the game. It has been reported that his maturity is off of the charts and it is this type of maturity that would allow him to successfully make such a transition.

Of course my theory is purely speculative, but given the information at hand I believe it to be very plausible.

In McCarron's case, I think he will definitely have to tone it down and I am sure he will. He is likely aware of the demand from the Montreal fan base to find and develop an answer to the Lucic's of the world and was probably a little over exuberant in his will to show his abilities in this regard.

I agree with you that he will not likely be another Lucic but should be a very serviceable big, aggressive power forward for the Habs for years to come.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote