View Single Post
Old
08-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I wouldn't do it, no need to risk injury playing against the leafs AHL goons. As a fan I would be all for it to watch, but for management I think it's the right decision not to do it. I would much rather see the coaching staff working closely with the young guns on different things, now that we have former NHLers in Brezzy etc.. working with these kids I think they can benefit more from working on specific things then a mini tournament.
Seems to me that the Leafs dictated that and I find it sad really. Boston will be playing that tournament and they did invited a couple of scrappers, including a kid I always liked in Villemaire. So I understand, no need to turn it into a boxing tournament, yet, there are other fundamentals you can see through this kind of tournament. But I guess I do speak more as a fan right now. Yet, putting myself in a managerial position, I'd love to see what those kids could do in a game situation. Not during a development camp but a rookie camp? I'd do it.....but I guess it's fine if they don't. I'd personnally use the development camp to practice the fundamentals, and have the rookie camp to see them being applied in game situations.

And as I mentioned on the rookie camp roster thread, you probably can discover more guys like Boudens and his kind in those tournaments as you really can't assess their game in development or even rookie camps.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 08-30-2013 at 01:51 PM.