View Single Post
Old
08-31-2013, 03:59 AM
ricky0034

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Small(ish), poor D, not very fast considering his size. Production was ok but not exceptional, and I think he's production increased after he got traded to Belleville who have larger ice surface on their home arena. That helps players like Quine.

And kind of low on the depth chart.

I think Wings could have signed him if there were more contract spots available, but it was/is pretty tight there.
that kind of runs contrary to pretty much every scouting report i've seen on him ever

for example:

http://www.redwingscentral.com/vault/alan-quine/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWC SCOUTING EXCERPTS
Great skater with a high top speed … Quickness is what sets him apart from most good skaters … Tremendous puckhandling ability in tight spaces … Picked second overall in OHL draft because of his wide array of offensive skill, notably soft hands and good vision … Has shown he can put up points, but the jury is still out on whether he can handle a leading role or if he’s more of a complementary player … A quick learner who listens to his coaches and wants to improve his game … Needs to get better in high traffic and show he can handle physical play … Below-average size and isn’t physical enough … Inconsistency has been a problem … Needs to be more well-rounded and stronger defensively, as his minus-61 rating from 2009 to 2012 indicates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McDonnell
“I’d classify him as a two-way guy, but he does have some offensive capabilities. It’s a wait-and-see kind of thing … He’s got a good skill-set, he’s a good skater, he competes hard.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Reid
“He’s got a great shot, but his best attribute is his quickness. That separates him from the rest, that he’s so quick. He’s great with the puck in tight areas as well. He’s got an NHL shot, he’s got NHL speed, excellent vision, he’s got all those, but above everything, at the top, is his quickness.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Nill
A great skater, a Darren Helm-type player. He’s on the right path. He’s doing everything right. He trains hard, works hard