View Single Post
Old
08-31-2013, 06:09 AM
patnyrnyg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Lol it is not a ridiculous stat. It's easily the best of the common stats to judge a quarterback. Just like at the leaderboards every year they are basically just as you would expect them to look based on the top QB.

Oh and Rivers is (well was prior to the last two years - recently he is not) a much better quarterback. Wins is a team stat...Defense/special teams and plenty of other things a QB does not influence are involved.

You can't tell me Eli is better in the 4th quarter than other QB's and it's his best time when the numbers easily show his 4th quarter stars are basically exactly the same as his regular stats and are in general just good (not amazing or anything). If he happens to have huge amounts of comebacks that's largely a stat of circumstance and opportunity.

Should I not mention that Romo is a much better player than Eli and it's really not that close (oh and that Romo also happens to have been clutch in the past)

Oh and I do think Eli is a pretty good QB. I would rank him in the 8-10 range in the league behind (not in order) Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Peyton, Romo, Roethlisberger, Ryan for sure. A little above your Stafford/Flacco group and then leaving out Luck/Wilson/Newton and all the guys who haven't played much.
Romo, Roethlisberger, and Ryan ahead of Eli? HAHA. The others I will agree, but let's not be ridiculous.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote