View Single Post
Old
08-31-2013, 10:52 AM
SA16
Two by two...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
That was not an easy catch. The ball was thrown behind him and Welker had to reach back across his body. However, all these things you are mentioning are not luck. It is called, making a play vs not making a play. Each play you bring up, the Giants made the play and the opponent did not. "Luck" would have been if Brady got hurt in the AFC Championship game and the Giants got to face the back-up. If you want an example of "luck", look to the Jets in 2009 when the Colts pulled Peyton in the 2nd half, handed the Jets the game and they got in the play-offs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16
I think you just don't like the term "luck." Would you prefer to call it a "statistically unlikely event" or "unrepeatable (easily)" event? Because that's what it is. Maybe it's not "luck" that he caught that one in that given situation but repeat the play 100 times way more often than not that ball isn't getting caught.
Call it whatever you want that's what it is. And I agree it wasn't an easy catch. Still a catch he makes more often than not. And absolutely the Jets situation in 2009 was extremely lucky that they happened to play the best team in the league week 17, a team so good that they sat Peyton Manning. I'm not biased for the Jets or against the Giants or anything lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30
anyone who would take Romo or Ryan over Eli is insane, or a homer.
Knew this would happen. No. Anyone who would take Eli over them is insane or a homer. And is basing their entire argument on two superbowl games they won. It's really not even close. Romo is much better than Eli. As is Ryan. Manning is still in the 75th-80th percentile among QB's. He's very good. Top 10 in the league. Not as good as the other guys. He's not as accurate. Higher interception rate. Lower touchdown rate. Averages less yards per attempt.

And regarding Roethlisberger I really don't know how you can argue Eli is better. He has also won two superbowls so now that is a wash. He also throws for way more yards/attempt. Is much more accurate. Doesn't throw as many INT's. He can run a little bit. The only thing Eli has better than Ben is that he has never missed a game in his career (and if you want to say this is what makes him better than I guess Crosby isn't the best player in the NHL?)

SA16 is online now   Reply With Quote