View Single Post
Old
08-31-2013, 10:06 PM
CoolForumNamePending

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
If you want to talk about attendance and if you claim there is "no interest of fans", explain me this.

Total KHL attendance RS
08/09 - 2 986 934
09/10 - 3 528 188
10/11 - 3 400 273
11/12 - 3 276 394
12/13 - 3 921 832

Difference cca 1M within 5 yrs, not bad
I had no doubt attendance had improved. Hopefully attendance can continue to go up.

So in the year 2013 the difference between being important and having people interested and not being important and not having people interested is about 400 fans per game?

IMHO (not that it matters) I think KHL attendance is fine. I just find your arguement (here and in other threads) that attendance and interest is poor in other European leagues ridiculous.

Quote:
NHL´s main market is not Europe. ET is not threat for NHL. KHL can be a threat, but NHL does not have power to do something with it. Russians have money, so NHL can not do anymothing just to follow and cooperate.
This paragraph is hard to follow. I don't think the NHL is going to be taking orders from the KHL anytime soon though.

Quote:
This is NOT my main argument, but you started with this point of view.
I did?

Quote:
I said many times, there is a scenario that KHL is no.1 and ET no.2. Did you read my posts??
Yes, I read your posts. Not sure what you are expecting me to say. Perhaps if this was a legit rumour with some details on how it would all work I would have given it some thought and had an opinion on it. At this point though as far as I can tell it is just a vague idea presented on a message board. By the sounds of it you are basically proposing a 'KHL1' and 'KHL2'. Could it work? I dunno.

Quote:
KHL has no problem with ET until ET wants to replace KHL as best league of Europe.
I don't think the ET wants to replace any league. The ET isn't even a league.

Quote:
Why should Jokerit pull out of ET? Does not make sense.
I don't know if Jokerit wants to pull out or not and that's why I was asking you. Based on your response I assume Jokerit intends to stay involved in the ET. If this is the case it would seem Jokerit is still a supporter of the ET. Isn't this actually a good thing for the ET as they are gaining a club from Europe's strongest league?

Quote:
My point is that Fasel was "pro Champions League" and "anti-KHL" a few years back, but something changed... now he is "pro-KHL", supports KHL´s expansion.
That's good for the KHL and... well that's it. Not sure what else I am suppose to take away from this.

Quote:
KHL as enterprise has profit. If you want to talk about clubs, lets start with Phoenix or football clubs.
It's a shame Gazprom wasn't interested in adding an NHL team to their portfolio.

Pretty sure everyone agrees that Phoenix is a dumpster fire. Not sure how bringing up the Coyotes refutes my original point though. Clubs in Europe, if wishing to be competitive in the KHL, would have to find a way to increase their revenue significantly or run the risk of also becoming a dumpster fire. Obviously if these clubs could find something or someone to back them indefinitely they wouldn't have to worry about revenues but I am not sure how well the 'oligarch model' is going to work outside of Russia.

As far as soccer clubs go I think a lot of people would tell you that the spending:revenue ratio is getting a bit scary.

Quote:
Irrelevant. I have a feeling, you did not get idea.
You would be correct. I have no idea what your point was.

Quote:
It was not only sport point. We can talk about growing hockey in non-hockey regions etc.
Growth is good. No one is going to argue with that. Not sure what your point is though. The only way to grow the game is through the KHL?

Quote:
We can talk about more money involved in hockey as sport (and compare it to ET), supporting junior hockey. It is endless.
Once again not sure where you are going with this. I am thinking teams involved in the ET have invested plenty of money into the sport and have also supported junior hockey.

Quote:
SML would be better league if no player moved to KHL this off season. Unfortunatelly for SML, finnish clubs can not afford these players. I ask why,
They aren't bankrolled by oligarchs and regional governments?

Quote:
if someone claims here that "KHL is not much better than SHL, SML etc". Does not make sense to move abroad if I have similar league at home, in my city. Or is it all about money??
Not sure I am following but... I would say it is mostly about money. Europeans would have never started going to the NHL in large numbers if it wasn't for the money. I would say the same applies to the KHL.

Quote:
KHL club (you said about Dinamo Riga) gets paid for losing young (RFA) player to lets say Omsk. SMLiiga club, according to Jussi, gets nothing if a player has free KHL out clause. I dont know man, but if I were a owner of club, I would choose KHL over euro league
I dunno... Spend 10 million and contend for title every year or spend 10 million and hope to sneak into the playoffs.

CoolForumNamePending is offline   Reply With Quote