Old
09-01-2013, 10:03 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
There is no way that Columbus trades Johansen for Plekanec one for one and if we take our rose glasses off, we should be able to recognize that. Johansen is a 6'3" top notch prospect still at the tender age of 21 (he just turned 21 in July). Former 3rd overall pick, he's defensively responsible and not bad on faceoffs. It's almost like asking if we'd take Dubinsky for Galchenyuk.
Except that Pleks is a much better player than dubinsky and Galchenyuk is already a superior player to Johansen despite being younger. Try again.

In fact, we already have a 5th round pick from the same draft year who is outproducing him. Of course, Johansen has some height on him, but we can't possibly be boiling it down to moar big, right?

Trading your first line center for a 21 year old with an NHL points total of Tinordi+10 is a great way to get your ass fired as GM. And I'm saying that as someone who really likes Johansen and discussed him a lot with friends the year he was drafted.

And does it matter what Howson and columbus wants or does? How do their needs factor in to what the habs are doing at this moment? Would boston have traded krejci last year for the same kid? I sincerely doubt it.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards