View Single Post
Old
09-01-2013, 06:44 PM
robertguess2013

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Has been one question to me. See I saw potvin than macinnes and bourque and others robinson murphy etc.. All were really good players I dont make them generational talents. All have similar stats to lidstrom except one the staying out of the box. He was smartest defensemen of all time. Is no debate of that probably the best at being in right position etc.. Yet he didnt dominate in any other stat compared to those guys who are 10 to 20 years older potvin is only 20 years before him.

Was he better than people last 20 years yes except for the guys mentioned above who were retiring.

Was he smartest again yes. I am not sure that labels him generational.

I hold those for guys who changed game did something so crazy more than others. Why I have lindros who sadly fell to injuries and he barely makes it onto a list not just because of injuries though than the orr's gretsky's howe's lemiuex and jagr's. I dont have crosby in that league yet. He has missed too much time and has people who are comparable to him at least if go season by season. In last five years he is not top five in scoring. So to me he needs a lot of work to get back to that level which I would say wow he changed the hockey world.

I am older 44 I guess that I seen the end of playing for certain guys who I respected for their careers and numbers which lidstrom is comparable to.

Yep is not any in last 10 to 15 years who are truly doing what he did. Yet was 4-5 10 years before him except the big stat as stated he stayed out of penalty box!! More than anyone in history of hockey defender wise.

Is how you view things. I do not feel he is best defender I have ever seen. In some areas he was in others he was close or pretty much equal but is debate if he was best. So to me that means he is not generational if you can say there is a debate lol.

Is no debate on ORR or gretsky or howe or lemiuex or jagr lol. Is simply no debate they were better than the others by a WIDE margin. That is generational to me

Was lidstrom ELITE one of best of all time no question. He also gets slight down grade cause of his style of play. He is a guy you dont notice at all cause was so smart and skilled unlike others. I think he has that against him but I do not see where he is head and shoulders above a ray bourque at all.