View Single Post
Old
01-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanos
Oh, now there's a '+' sign infront of the 20! Well, Gauthier si good enough to average 15 seconds less than 20 minutes and pull off a +5 +/- on a bad team, but heaven forbid you should actually give him credit where it's due. And for your information the Flames have had defensive depth for years, where do you think the "fab four" came from?

Whatever you say. No way is Martinek better than Gauthier, and to compare Gauthier to Carins is rediculous. Gauthier is a better defenseman than you give him credit for -- he's not better than the Isles current top four, I agree there, but he's definately more proven and a more effective player than Martinek.

I'm not saying the Isles would have to give up much more, but you then go on to suggest things that I just don't think are true about Gauthier.

How many times have you seen Martinek play? He has taken a while to come back from the injury history but, at the present time, he is doing failry well.

As for Gauthier, he is #6 on your team in minutes played. And, despite the fact that he plays for a team that is doing quite well, and is not on the ice at critical times, he is a minus player right now. Gauthier is nowhere near as good as you make him out to be. He is a #5 dman - at best.

And, then there is the health issue. He has had a grand total of ONE season where he manged to stay in one piece for at least 70 games. He averages more than 20 missed games a season. A team that trades for him, and depends on him to be a regular top four guy, is asking for trouble.