View Single Post
Old
09-01-2013, 09:11 PM
TheLegend
Home Sweet Home!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Actually, I think the more the cheap and convenient parking options, the better. Parking is not going to be a big revenue generator for the Coyotes' owners since they can only keep a maximum of $20,000 per game. The rest goes to the City of Glendale. The most important thing is that the parking situation doesn't inhibit the growth of the fan base, and doesn't turn off existing fans. So, the more parking options the better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charon of Styx View Post
So the income from the first 1,500 vehicles per game will go to RSE
Westgate offering up 3,000 spaces. Cardinals may add more spots. Hmmmmmmm maybe there will be no revenue for the city from the parking stream. Who knew?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Pretty much. At $15 a car, RSE only needs to charge about 1500 cars to get their full profit share (after costs). The rest goes to the COG.

Still, for RSE it's probably more of a headache than anything else.

It was brought up more than once in the megathread that they had been charging $10 to park in Lot G adjacent to the arena for the last two years. Not sure how much revenue was generated for it but it definitely wasn't empty, despite all the other "free" spots at Westgate.

I used to park in Lot B on the other side for game and I can tell you the lots inside of Lot B are usually full on game nights... some is taken up by a private valet parking service for businesses in the arena. The only lots where spots might be readily available are at the north end of Westgate near the theater.