Old
09-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Eskimos org nonsense directly from the horses mouth:

http://www.esks.com/article/campbell...skimos-moments

Quote:
Fans make their holiday summer plans around the Eskimos schedule – some love to travel to follow the team on the road.
What claptrap. Has any single person here made holiday summer plans around the schedule? Its not even something I think about. Next, who exactly is travelling to see this gongshow? Did the Esks even charter fan buses to Calgary this weekend like they had in the past? tbh you couldn't pay me enough to embarrass myself pretending to be a fan of this club while walking around Calgary. Really anytime I've been to Calgary lately I prefer to remain hush hush on my city of origin where I still reside.

Quote:
No matter what the record is between the two teams, winning Labour Day means bragging rights. The Eskimos, back in 2003, finished the regular season with a 13-5 record and won the Grey Cup. They lost on Labour Day, however, 28-23 to the Stampeders who finished 5-13 that season. Calgary won bragging rights because they won the biggest regular season game on the schedule
No, the record matters, and I don't care much about a 1-7 club and certainly won't be bragging regardless of the result today. More that I make sure all Eskimos gear is tucked safely in the closet where it won't see the light of the sun for awhile..

Quote:
Sept 6, 1999: Eskimos 33, Stampeders 30 (OT)
One of the worst seasons in Eskimos history, they finished with a 6-12 record.
Well, don't look now, terrible record promising to get worse. I feel like the org is trolling the fanbase with nonsense like the above. Or completely ignorant to how much the wheels have fallen off and that "Eskimos pride" simply doesn't exist either on the field or in the stands. They've taken that motto, gone out back, and shot it. Put it out of its misery.

Can't remember exactly when the shift occurred, or how many times. Maybe it was the Vanilla Ice concert. Nob bad enough to troll the home fans for 60mins. Punish them at halftime too.

Last edited by Replacement: 09-02-2013 at 10:52 AM.