View Single Post
Old
09-02-2013, 11:19 AM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
During the reg. season 2012-13 Del Zotto was definitely ahead of Strålman on the depth chart. MDZ was the #4 with healthy Staal, and #3 after his injury. No debate from me. Strålman did however pass Del Zotto on the depth chart at ES in the playoffs, where he in the end was on the top pairing with McDonagh.

I genuinely believe that Strålman has the capacity of being more than a #5/#6 because of how he performed last season. As I have shown time and time again; Strålman blew Del Zotto out of the water in every available metric other than points last year being used in very similar situations.
[/URL]
I cut out most of the advanced stat stuff, as I don't generally use it (nothing against it. Just not my thing). I will say though that you went to a lot of effort to argue that "every" advanced stat backed you up...except the one used as the industry standard.

I brought up stats in the very limited context of refuting the other poster's assertion that Stralman was already the #4. MDZ played significantly more minutes in every setting, played the harder minutes according to the industry standard advanced stat, and put up significantly more production. Stralman was NOT the #4.

As for the playoffs, it did appear that Stralman got more important minutes over Del Zotto--in a very short sample size, when the latter was struggling to even skate with a sports hernia. I bet I could be a better quarterback than Tom Brady too, over a two week span if he had a broken leg.

Even Torts at one point, during a span of games where Strals was filling in on the top 4 because of injuries, said that he was doing well, but they don't really want him playing those kinds of minutes.

Why can't people be happy with what Stralman is? A great bottom pair guy?

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote