View Single Post
Old
09-02-2013, 01:34 PM
jigglysquishy

vCash: 500
I think we'll be in a position where every single person has the same top 3, but 4-7 will flop around.

I know I'm going to have Joe Malone far higher on my list than most.

On the topic of where Datsyuk is, I have him 4th of post-lockout centres behind Crosby, Malkin and Thornton. He is one of five post-lockout guys I have (the other being Henrik Sedin).

For all the talk about how great Datsyuk is we have to realize that his offensive finishes are quite weak. If we compare Crosby, Malkin, Thornton, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and H. Sedin we see that.

Crosby: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6
Malkin: 1, 1, 2
Thornton: 1, 2, 3, 5, 8
Datsyuk: 4, 4, 10
Zetterberg: 6, 9
Sedin: 1, 4, 9

This list ignores Stamkos for no other reason than I feel he's too young to really jump onto this list.

Interesting to note that for Malkin's 7 seasons, he has his rookie season, 3 injured seasons, and 3 seasons in the top 2. A healthy Malkin has so far been a lock for top two in scoring.

While Datsyuk is absolutely elite defensively, his offensive numbers leave a lot to be desired. He is realistically 5th (or 7th if you really like Staal and Stamkos) offensively for centres post-lockout. Even in his best defensive years he has never made up that gap.

Last edited by jigglysquishy: 09-02-2013 at 01:48 PM.
jigglysquishy is online now   Reply With Quote