View Single Post
Old
01-13-2004, 05:06 PM
nyr5186

vCash: 500
Great performance tonight by the Rangers. Perhaps the best of the season. When you give up 20 shots in a game, and the only goal you give up is on the power play, you know you had a strong defensive game. And Dunham was solid whe he needed to be, especially in the first on that beautiful toe save on Kvasha.

Leetch showed many glimpses of '94. His passes were spectacular all night. He was smart, didnt make any mistakes, just did his job and showed that he definately still has alot in the tank. Although I dont like the Leetch-Poti pairing, I thought Poti also had a good game.

Malakhov and Mironov have played well together since deVries went down. I cant explain why, but they've been physical, smart, good with the puck. Just haven't made mistakes. But we've seen them go short stretches of good play in the past. The trick is to make sure they dont fall into a daze for the next 10 games.

Kasparaitis wasnt as noticable tonight as on Saturday because the puck was mostly in the Isles zone all night, but he and Dale still did their job. Except for one play where Purinton's turnover at the blueline caused an Isle odd-man rush the other way, he played smart and physical. Hopefully he keeps it up vs. Brodeur and the Devils (who btw lost 4-0 tonight, so you can bet they'll have their A game on Thursday).

Lindros continued his fine play, bulldozing over people and making things happen all around. Another deflection goal for him. Kovalev is still very frustrated with himself, but you could tell maybe he's starting to get his game back. 3 goals in 4 games is a good sign. If he could get hot this month, that would be just about the best thing that could happen to this team. Always good to see Barnaby set the tone with his chippy stuff. Also, the PP with 3 goals tonight is a very good sign.

Now lets get ready for Jersey on Thursday. The last thing we need is a letdown game. If we could go in and carry this momentum and find a way to beat the Devils, maybe that'll show people we're serious. Although I doubt it.