View Single Post
Old
09-02-2013, 08:21 PM
RMimagery

vCash: 500
One of the best series I've seen and that's including the cup run.

Kasparaitis really unnerved Lemieux and the Pens and deserved a lot of credit.

A little bit rubbed off on Hamonic as he got under Malkin's skin several times this past playoff.

With a healthy Turgeon, 132 point season, the Isles could've gone all the way (thanks a lot gutless POS Hunter). Enough skill with plenty of grit.

More on topic, Hogue's best years were with the Isles, From PoinBlank this week:

Benoit Hogue spent 15 seasons in the NHL and scored 222 goals, but by far, his three best seasons were spent on Long Island. He was originally acquired early in the 1991-92 season in the massive Pierre Turgeon-for-Pat LaFontaine trade with the Sabres that drastically altered the roster for both teams.

Hogue went right to work for the Islanders, scoring 30 goals and 75 points in 72 games in 91-92. The next year he would pot 33 goals as the Islanders made it all the way to the conference finals, and another 36 the following year, which would stand as a career high. He even did it with 65+ penalty minutes each season.

I loved Hogue and was disappointed when they traded him in '94 for Eric Fichaud...blech. The Isles sure have had a rough 20 years in net since. From drafting Luongo then trading him and picking DiPietro...I'll stop now before I puke.

Thomas and Ferraro were clutch and had good chemistry with their line mates that season, no matter who was there. Team gathered steam as the season went on. Arbour's last hurrah, really got a ton out of that line up.

Last edited by RMimagery: 09-02-2013 at 08:40 PM.
RMimagery is offline   Reply With Quote