View Single Post
Old
09-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 View Post
I know people have said, this but his absolute best case scenario is that he ends up top be a player like Chris Pronger. And I think the worst case is a Luke Schenn type player. Defensively he is solid and could be a total shutdown defenseman, but unlike Pronger, Morin's offensive are almost non-existant. Pronger was a PPG player in Juniors, Morin is not.
This is just not true. He may be developing more slowly than Pronger, who is a generational talent, but he scored a lot of points in the playoffs - which was a lot of pressure given he knew all the scouts were there to watch him. His game blossomed late this year, after a collarbone fracture. If you watch the U-18 highlights, he jumps into the rush, and is very comfortable playing give and go at the points on the PP.

I don't expect Morin to be a top point getter, but if he continues to grow his game, he will be big, fast and strong enough, along with talented enough, to play big minutes as an NHL Dman - which means top 4 minimum to me, hopefully top pair.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote