View Single Post
Old
09-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
During the '87 Canada Cup in Hamilton, I went to Don Cherry's bar and the whole Canadian team was there. Got to see how huge Mario was in person. Hexy and Fuhr were sitting quietly in the corner so I stopped by to chat for a bit. MIchel Goulet was limping so badly that Bourque had to carry him out of the bar and help him walk - of course he played the final the next day. Being at that game was special, of course.

During the early '90s, I watched about a dozen games with Carl Lindros at the Sports Cafe in Toronto. He used to go to get out of the house, and I'd see him every week. Eventually he waived me over to join him. We had lots of interesting chats. Great guy. One year in Buffalo at a playoff game, I was sitting near Carl and Bonnie and some Buffalo goofs were standing over them cursing and threatening them, very rudely. My buddy and I came up behind them and asked them to show some class (although I doubt I worded it that way). Carl said thanks and later in the period, over came a couple beers in thanks.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote