View Single Post
Old
09-02-2013, 09:17 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 View Post
I know people have said, this but his absolute best case scenario is that he ends up top be a player like Chris Pronger. And I think the worst case is a Luke Schenn type player. Defensively he is solid and could be a total shutdown defenseman, but unlike Pronger, Morin's offensive are almost non-existant. Pronger was a PPG player in Juniors, Morin is not.
The Pronger comparisons really need to stop. The dummies in the media here started it with really no basing (other than Morin being big & physical) & the fans ran with it. Even with the best case scenario Morin won't turn into another Pronger (which isn't meant as a slight).

If his puck handling & skating improves (to add on to his heavy shot which has improved greatly since his first year to last year) he could turn into a physical Tyler Myers type assuming every thing goes great in his offensive development.

His defense is further along in his development but even that needs some work. His footwork & positioning need work.

He's so raw right now (the scouts opinions are all over the place when it comes to his potential) that I'm not too sure you can say he's a lock to make the NHL even at a bottom pairing right now.

We should get a little bit better of an idea as to where he stands after this season. He's likely going to finish out his junior eligibility next year as well so it shouldn't be the end all of end alls this season if he doesn't make a crazy jump in his numbers but I'm hoping for at least an improvement even if its moderate.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 09-02-2013 at 09:22 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote